Sunday, December 14, 2008

Review: The Leopard Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt


Rating: A-
Genre: Historical Romance
Series or Stand-Alone: Princes Series
Publish Year: 2007
Number of Pages: 384
Sensuality Rating: Hot

Summary:
Wealthy Lady Georgina Maitland doesn't want a husband, though she could use a good steward to run her estates. One look at Harry Pye and Georgina knows she's not just dealing with a servant, but a man. Harry has known many aristocrats-including one particular nobleman who is his sworn enemy. But Harry has never met a beautiful lady so independent, uninhibited, and eager to be in his arms. Still, it's impossible to conduct a discreet liaison when poisoned sheep, murdered villagers, and an enraged magistrate have the county in an uproar.

Review:
This was my first book from Elizabeth Hoyt and I'm so glad I bought it. I loved this book so much. The story was so refreshing and unique. Usually, it's the heroine who is the servant and the hero is the lord, but this one is different. I loved Harry Pye! And Georgina was a wonderful, strong, and funny heroine. You could really feel the connection between the two since the beginning of the story.

The mythology was intertwined skillfully, both as metaphor and plot device in this story. It drew me in and the interaction between Harry and George were most of the time filled with humor but the conflict between their statuses in society was dealt seriously.

I loved this book. And I recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried Elizabeth Hoyt.

2 comments:

RachieG said...

HEY!! I'm brand new to this blog thing but I somehow stumbled upon your blog! Love it! :)

I love love love this book too! If you liked this book, you really need to read "The Raven Prince" I started with it, then moved on to this book and loved them both.

She's a great author and really nice. I've written fan e-mail to her and she's always responded. :)

Totally going to be book-marking your site! I'm 22 and have just graduated from college and it's great to know I'm not the only person my age reading romance novels!

Grain de Beaute said...

Hello RachieG!

I'm sorry if it took me a longer time to reply. It's been a long time since I've logged on this site.

Thanks for the wonderful compliment! I adore reading books especially romance since I started reading them May of last year. I love this book and I'll read The Serpent Prince later. I have yet to find myself a copy of The Raven Prince but I've read so many good things about it.